Thursday, January 20, 2011

MOPS

I joined a group called Mothers Of Pre Schoolers..MOPS :) It was the best decision i ever made. I had heard different things about it and decided to try it out. We meet the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month and we have breakfast and usually some type or speaker and then meet in small groups. It is a time of prayer and socializing and we do service projects and play groups and couples nights and all kinds of fun stuff. They have childcare as well which is always nice!
I knew the ladies were wonderful but i realized just how special this group of ladies were the day before Evies Funeral. I totally forgot about what to do with Ramsey during the funeral until someone asked me the day before. Oh my gosh one more thing to worry and think about. I didn't want her there but then i did. I thought she could stay in the church preschool and then if i needed to check on her i could. I didn't want anyone to have to stay with her at home and then not come to the funeral etc.. My wonderful sister in law got a call from our friend Kelly who is in MOPS and asked if Ramsey could come to their house. They decided to have a meeting place at a girls house where the ladies could drop off their kids and some moms would come to the visitation and some would stay with kids and then they would switch up. So they offered to let Ramsey stay at that house and play with the kids. Perfect idea! We worked it out to where Ambers mom would take her there during the visitation, then pick her up after the funeral.
Them deciding this and thinking of that was perfect. A big weight had been lifted off my shoulders thanks to them!
I debated about going back to MOPS after christmas break just because i knew it would be hard and it was already so hard the day before to drop Ramsey off at school without Evie. So it was a last minute decision and that morning i ended up having the desire to go. Mainly because they had done so much for me, i wanted to say thank you and i knew they would be encouraging for me.
I am so glad i did, they prayed for me and just lifted me up that day. They allowed me to share my thoughts with no judgements and just cry. I felt so loved.
We met again on Wednesday and they blew me away again. They got me a new BOB stroller like this...
I have a double BOB but I haven't used it mainly because it is to cold to be outside! ha but it also makes me sad to look at. I don't want to just push ramsey in it ya know. I am sure if we have any more children i will use it again but i had been thinking about what i was going to do. I have not shared that with anyone, mainly just a thought i had and then told myself it was stupid, but the ladies just had the idea and thought of that on their own. What a "God thing" :)
They also told me they will be donating to Life Choices every March in honor of Evie for her birthday and my friend Leigh Ann made this pillow with a picture of my Evie for Ramsey to sleep with.
Something we will treasure forever!!
All of this to say i am so gad God tugged at my heart to join this group of women. I feel lifted up every time i go and i am thankful for each of them. If you have MOPS group in your area, i encourage you to join!

20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that pillow is SO sweet! What an amazing gift that really comes straight from someones heart. Wow! That's all I can say. You don't know me, but I've been praying for you since I heard of your story.

    Love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia, your family has been on my mind all day. I wanted to send you a message and let you know we are still praying down in sunny florida! when i got to this post I knew why God had you on my mind today. i was invited to join our local MOPS last week and have been a bit hesitant. I was going to start praying about it but I think I just got my answer. Thank you for being so open and vulnerable. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still thinking and praying for you often. I'm so glad that the Lord has placed great people around you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your MOPS friends sound amazing. Enjoy your new stroller :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww...alicia :) you are so precious! *YOU* are a much bigger blessing to US than we are to you! that's FOR SURE!!! as always, reading with a tear in my eye and a prayer in my heart for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- what amazing ladies!! The stroller was such a thoughtful gift and the pillow is just too precious. What a special treasure for Ramsey to have!! I want you to know that I continue to pray for you and your family.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pillow is beautiful and that was so sweet of them to get that stroller what wonderful friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pillow is such a special idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So thankful you are surrounded by people to love, support, and encourage you! Thank you for sharing your heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Kelly that you are such a blessing to us! I'm so glad that you have decided to come back to MOPS also! Thank you for allowing me to play a small part in preserving Evie's memory through the gift of the pillow! Continuing to pray for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy you have found such a supportive group! And what a great idea with the pillow. What a blessing to be surrounded by so much love in the midst of your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alicia, thank you for sharing. This reminds me that God is so good no matter what. I just starting doing a study by Pricilla Shirer entitled Jonah. She talks about interruptions in life and how He uses them for eternal purposes. Tonight as I was studying different characters of the Bible (Esther and Rehab), Pricilla pointed out that these women probably had no idea that their stories would make an eternal impact for the sake of Christ. But today they encourage us. I write all of that to say that your story is making an impact. It is amazing to read what the Lord is doing in yalls life and how He is encouraging you all. I am so blessed and feel so honored to read your grace filled blog entries. May the Lord continue to meet you in your joys, pain, grief, and bring to you His incredible love and comfort. Your faith is like Esthers and Rehabs!

    In His Grace,

    Casey Dycus

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful picture of the body of Christ! I'm so thankful for the community you have! Thank you for being so beautifully authentic-
    We are praying for you all.

    Love
    Brooke Greene

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just too sweet-made me cry (again). Great idea and so needed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you love your MOPS group like I love mine. I'm actually on the steering committee this year, a bit of a challenge, but still love it. You are right, the ladies in MOPS are awesome. So caring and thoughtful. I'm so glad you have a group like MOPS to share your journey with, they will be more help than you know. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yay for awesome girls with good souls and fellowship. :) love you girl. hope the weather warms for you soon so you and ramsey and maddie can try out your new rims. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I stumbled onto your blog through keeping up with another one. The first post I read was about the loss of your sweet daughter. I have kept up with it ever since. I just read about what your MOPS group did for you by buying tht stroller. They didn't even know you had been having those thoughts. Wow...God does work in mysterious ways. I am glad you have that group to be supportive of you. Most of all I am glad you and your family have our Heavenly Father watching over you and taking care of even the smallest details of your life. Your friend that made the pillow...how creative, thoughtful and loving. God be with you. Your posts have certainly been an inspiration of how one must go on.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so happy that you got connected with MOPs, it has change my life and helped me connect with Christians girls here in Ohio as well!! You are going to love and look forward to it every month:) And what a sweetheart that Kelly is (her hubby Tim is my cousin) She really is the BEST! Our family continues to pray for your sweet family everynight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Still praying for y'all. The pillow is such a wonderful gift - a true treasure. Friends - even new ones are so special and the stroller gift is awesome - what a wonderful group of ladies to listen to God's direction and provide for you exactly what you needed.
    I hope y'all have a week of good moments, minutes, hours, and days.
    Continuing to lift you up in TX,

    lauren

    ReplyDelete