Wednesday, December 15, 2010

there are no words

I have heard this so much this week and i am starting to feel the same towards all of you.
I absolutely have no words to express my appreciation for all of the things that have happened to me this week.
One moment i am heartbroken thinking about my sweet Evie, the next moment i am thankful for the abundance of emails, texts, messages, flowers, food and blog comments that i read. Then overjoyed by my friends and the things they have done for us.
We are thankful for our Associate Pastor Taylor, our church family and Sunday school class.
We are thankful for the 700 plus people who came to celebrate Evies life.
We are thankful the anonymous person that paid for Evies Funeral Services. I will forever be grateful for what you have done. You are the most generous person and i know God will bless you for how you have blessed us.
We are thankful for each and every one of our friends. My friends that have come over and just sat with me, cried with me and gone out of their way to do whatever i have needed. Jonathans friends that went to our house ( for those of you that don't know, it is for sale) cleaned it, did the yard work and got it perfect for three showings this week( another thing i am thankful for because no one has come for a month) and thankful for those of you that bought us a new roof!! I was speechless when we went to by the house today. I was not expecting to see that. I was actually dreading going to to house and then once again God gave me Grace to get through being there by showing us how wonderful our friends are.
We are thankful for Jonathan's company and team mates and how gracious they have been and for the doctors and nurses Jonathan sees on a daily basis and how much they love our girls.
We are thankful for the amount of videos and pictures we have of Evie. We will always cherish these moments and Ramsey will too.
Most importantly, we are thankful for the 20 months we got to spend with our precious Evie Grace. She was a beacon of light, always happy, the best little dancer, the easiest and sweetest baby, her sisters cheerleader and Maddies best friend. I absolutely do not know what to do without her and i cant even begin to understand how Ramsey feels. She is out of sorts, sad, angry then happy. She is going through the same emotions we are but doesn't know how to tell us. She is sleeping alone, playing alone, taking a bath alone. She has never done this and i am heartbroken for her. She needs your prayers so bad.
My prayer for you is that you will love your babies every day, you will kiss them every day, you will hug them every day and you will cherish every minute you spend with them. I think back to the last day i spent with Evie. She wanted me to hold her and i was frustrated because i had so much christmas shopping, wrapping and cleaning to do. Did that matter, not one bit. I gave her a bath, put her pjs on, we read a book, i laid her in her bed and kissed her. If i had only known that would be the last time. You never know when something will be your last. What is crazy now is, i am not afraid to die. I always knew that i accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior and because of that i knew i would go to heaven but still we are afraid to die. Not me, not any more. When i die i will be with my two sweet daughters who wonderfully share the middle name Grace. I need Grace now more than i ever have and i know God is giving it to me. I can feel it.
There are just not enough words or even the right words to say to all of you for what you have said and done.
May God bless you as much as he has blessed me.

113 comments:

  1. Hi-I found your blog through someone else's blog roll several months ago and was surprised to recognize some faces on here. My husband golfs with Jack every year at the Cleveland Country Club Member Guest and every year I have the pleasure of hanging out with your wonderful mother that weekend. My husband and I are praying for you and your family for strength and that your memories of your sweet girl will be the very thing that helps ease your pain. Love, The Wilson family, Murfreesboro, TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. alicia, i truly don't have the words. you are so precious. writing such beautiful words when *WE* should be the ones comforting you. i grieve with you. i am so proud of you. i can't understand what you are going through, but i am here to do whatever i can do. your precious evie grace was one of the absolute sweetest 20 month olds i know! as jacob was throwing blocks or hitting someone, sweet evie was always an absolute doll. evie could NOT have had a sweeter, more loving mother. i am honored to call you a friend. love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful thing to read. It made me cry. I'm lifting your family up in prayer every day.

    "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."
    Numbers 6:24-26

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading this I climbed in bed with my 22 month old daughter and held her so close as I sobbed prayers for your family. My heart aches deeply for your loss. I know it doesn't help, but I'm holding my daughter extra tight in Evie's memory.
    Many, many prayers,
    Lena
    (of Utah)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My prayer has been that you would physically feel and see the grace and peace of Jesus and - not surprisingly - He has been and will continue to be faithful to answer the thousands of prayers that are being prayed on your behalf.

    I pray that you will continue to sense the presence of God and see His powerful work through those who love you most.....and those "anonymous" angels that have already graced you with their generosity.

    God bless you.

    -Heather in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post. You've been on my mind so much over these past few days. I am praying for you all.

    With Love, Jenny in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,
    I saw your link on Kelly's Kinrner blog, and I had to say something. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am. As you said there are no words that anyone who hasn't been in your position can express. I am so sorry. My daughter is 22 months old, and I can't imagine what kind of pain you must be going through. God bless you and your whole family...

    I wanted to add a poem, it was on a mass booklet for a little girl I once knew, called Chloe and it was so beautiful, I had to share it with you, because it makes me think of what you are going through....

    God's Lent Child

    I'll lend you a for a little time
    a child of mine, God said.
    For you to love the while he lives
    and mourn for when he's dead.

    It may be six or seven years
    or twenty-two or three.
    But will you till I call him back
    take care of him for me?

    He'll bring his charms to gladden you
    and shall his stay be brief.
    You'll have his lovely memories
    as solace for your grief.

    I cannot promise he will stay
    since all from earth return.
    But there are lessons taught down there
    I want this child to learn.

    I've looked the wide world over
    in my search for teachers true,
    And from the throngs that crowd life's lane
    I have selected you.

    Now will you give him all your love,
    nor think the labor vain,
    Nor hate me when I come to call
    to take him back again?

    I fancied that I heard them say,
    "Dear Lord, thy will be done,"
    For all the joy thy child will bring
    the risk of grief we'll run.

    We'll shelter him with tenderness.
    we'll love him while we may.
    And for the happiness we've known,
    forever grateful stay.

    "But shall the angels call for him
    much sooner than we've planned,
    We'll brave the bitter grief that comes
    and try to understand.


    by Edgar A. Guest

    please accept our love and condolences at this difficult time...

    Louise (From Ireland)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will continue to prater for your family, especially little Ramsey. I'm sure she is terribly confused right now. ((hugs))

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alicia, may you and your family continue to feel His strength now and always. Thank you for the reminder to hug my babies. God bless you all.
    And both of your Grace babies are snuggled in the arms of Jesus with my baby niece, Andie Grace. So precious.
    Kelly Athens, TN

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been on my mind so much since I read about your sweet daughter on Kelly's Korner. Lots (and lots) of prayers on your behalf coming from Indiana. God bless you and your family, and your recent post was beautiful. May God bless every person who has helped you so much, and also be with Ramsey. I can't even fathom your heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alicia, what a beautiful post. I have been praying for you and crying for you since I heard about your family on Monday.

    Thank you so much for the reminder to cherish each moment with my children. I lost 5 children 3 1/2 years ago and even after going through that, it's SO easy to fall prey to the craziness of life. I will continue to pray for you, your husband and your sweet Ramsey girl.

    With kindness,
    Bri Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  12. I came across your blog from Kelly's Korner blog after she had asked for prayer requests on your families behalf. I don't know what to say except that I am so, so sorry for your loss and that you and your sweet family are in my thoughts and prayers. May you continue to see God's grace and find comfort in Him and your family at this time. Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for reminding me to put my kids first over shopping, cleaning, playing on computer, etc. I have been thinking about you and your family since I heard of your loss. So sorry! You are in my prayers. I too am a twin and I can't imagine the loss of my sister. I will be especially be praying for your sweet little Ramsey. May God hold you tight during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutley beautiful post. Praying for your family and holding my baby girl a little tighter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sit here fumbling for words after reading this post. You are an incredible woman and I am thankful for your family. Even though we don't know each other and we live across the country from each other, I am in awe of your stregnth and compassion. You have been on my mind and in my prayers since I heard of Evie's passing. While I have no words, I want you to know that I am looking at life in a whole new light thanks to you. I am a military wife and my husband is stationed in Afgahanistan currently while I am home with our 4 children. It is so easy to get frustrated and worn out with the kids but I am holding them a little tighter and not letting the small things get to me thanks to you. I am praying so hard for you guys and Ramsey. May God Bless you in each and every way you have blessed us. Thank you. Lots of hugs and love all the way from snowy Montana. - Sarah McDaniel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Last night I laid in bed with my 9 month old little girl, and wept as I prayed for you and your family. The loss of sweet Evie has reminded me of just how important and precious each moment of this life is, and that I am so very blessed. Heaven is flooded with prayers for you, Jonathan and Ramsey right now, and I know that God will lay His peace upon you all in the days to come. From one mother to another, I grieve for you, and will promise to make each second with my daughters count - in honor of Evie Grace.

    Christine Randles - Memphis, TN

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are an absolute inspiration. Ever since I found your blog last night through Kelly's Korner, your family has been in my thoughts and prayers. You all are such a beautiful family and are such a great example of love, faithfulness and hope. I wish you were not going through this right now. I can only offer my prayer of hope, peace and love for you and your family. Please know what a true treat it is for so many to know you or just know of you. You are a beautiful person. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your post was exactly what I needed to read today! I came across your story thru Kelly's Korner and have been praying for all of you. I am without words.

    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alicia, you are such an amazing mama and godly woman. Thank you for sharing. I am so inspired by your walk with the Lord, despite the heartaches of life. I never got to meet either of your girls here, but I can't wait to play with both of them one day in heaven! We'll be praying for sweet Ramsey.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Alicia...what beautiful words from a beautiful heart made by a beautiful Savior. As both of my little boys laid down for a nap (at the same time) :) on Monday...I had a sweet prayer time for you and your family during the time of the funeral and just wept and wept on my knees for your heartache. and the prayer that kept coming to mind was 'oh God help us to not question you but trust in your Sovereignty and unfailing love' when our flesh does not understand help us to put our faith into practice and cling to the hope in you Jesus and of the promise of Heaven. I just lost my Dad a few weeks ago and know the hardest times will be the little moments in the car or a song you listen to or something Ramsey says or something a complete stranger will ask that hurt the most so I pray for you and your husband and Ramsey in those times to have enough grace to get through those tough mometns of sorrow. Please know that although the days go on and as everyone gets back to their normal routines, I have not forgotten and pray for you and your sweet family often.

    Because He Lives,
    Elizabeth Williams
    (Amber & Kelly's friend in the GBC group) :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, You do not know me but I have friends that are friends with you. I was reading your sweet blog and stumbled across the day that your Evie was at Semmes Murphy. I coincidentally happened to be in the waiting room that day (recognized her from the blog pictures) and thought to myself at that time what a sweet little girl that is and laughed when she had on the goggles. Your husband probably doesn't even know I was watching but I have a little girl that looks similar to Evie and I thought about what my baby will be like at Evie's age. Evie is a beautiful child and I am so sorry for your loss. I can not imagine what you are experiencing but I wanted to tell you how beautiful your daughter is and I know that someday you will see her again with Jesus. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

    Lee Buchmann - Memphis, TN

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can not imagine the hurt that you feel or your daughter, I have babies that are only 14 months apart and I try very hard to seperate them and force them to do things without the other BUT it does not work. They are bonded and I could not imagine how they would make it without each other, but just like you I am sure they would because we would make them or they would for us as you will for your husband and your daughter.
    My family will be praying for you, for you all. I hope that you can feel the love from around the world and know that God is with you even though you are doubting what has happend. Love hugs, and many many prayers from Myrtle Beach, SC

    ReplyDelete
  23. You don't know me, but you are in my prayers. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I pray that you can have all the support you need.

    ReplyDelete
  24. "She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she shall rejoice in time to come."
    -Proverbs 31:25

    This. This is the verse that comes to mind after reading these beautiful words. You're a precious gift to me, Alicia. Praying without ceasing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I found your blog through Kelly's blog. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are feeling. I will be praying for you and especially for Ramsey. You are a beautiful person, I can tell. Thank you for allowing Christ to shine through you even in your darkest days. For in the dark is when He shines most bright.
    Sisters in Christ,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Harrison family-
    You do not know me but I go to Highpoint and know Amber from working with the children. I remember your babies coming to Highpoint when they were just months old and Ill never forget how adorable they were and when Amber told me their names I absolutely melted...so precious! I was heartbroken to hear of Evie's passing and my heart ached so bad for your family. Alicia this post you wrote is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I have prayed for yall the past several days and Monday I rode 20 mins to work in silence praying for your family specifically. I prayed so many things over yall but most importantly I prayed that you would feel PEACE and COMFORT during this impossible to understand time. I know hundreds of ppl are praying for your family and when I read this post I started out with chills and then tears....my emotions were flowing and my heart is so joyful that God is comforting you and shining through you during these times. You all are still in my prayers. Thank you for taking a moment to share this post with us.

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  27. Alicia,
    I'm so relieved to read this post. God is so good, and I'm glad that you're able to see His goodness during such a difficult time. You are truly an inspiration to all of us. Your family is well loved! ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your story has touched so many lives, especially mine. I wrote a blog post about your family in hopes that it would bring you more prayers and well wishes. This post really hit home to me. We must cherish every moment and I'm so glad you had the courage to speak to us. Please feel free to check out my blog post in honor of your daughter even though I don't know you or your family. I think this is what makes the world go round and I truly hope you find peace. You seem so strong in a time like this and I just hope more people can be like you. I am praying for you, your family, and especially Ramsey.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have cried many tears for you and said many prayers in the last week. My son is 19 months, and I look at him with an even deeper love and appreciation. My heart breaks for you and your entire family, and I just wanted you to know that we are out here praying for healing. I now think twice before getting upset over the little things. I hug my little man harder and cherish every moment...even the whiny ones. I pray God will bless you and wrap His awesome arms of comfort around you, your husband and most of all Evie's sweet sister. He will continue to be with you all in these hard times, and we will all still be here continuing to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You said it perfectly...there really are no words. No words to describe how incredibly thankful we are for you and Jonathan and your friendship. You have always amazed me with your strength - since the day I met you - and I can't even remember that day, it seems so long ago. But this is a true gift God has given you. I stand in awe of the strength and grace you posess, especially during this heartbreaking time. It is an inspiration to us all, Alicia. You know we love you and we are always here for you. And as you well know you have hundreds, thousands, of people covering your family in prayer. I love seeing how His light is shining through you:)

    -E

    ReplyDelete
  31. God is surely shining His light through you in the midst of this heartache. I can't possibly imagine what you are going through. But your strength is amazing! I promise you that your Evie is so very proud of her Mommy right now. And as she sits in the arms of Jesus, He is showing her just how great and wonderful you are. Keep the faith...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Alicia! I am a new follower...coming from Erin Crenshaw's blog. I just wanted you to know that I am praying for ya'll so much! Praying that you will feel God's strength, peace and hope in your life like never before!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think of you every single day... all day. I dont even know you yet I am walking through this with you. I am praying for you and your husband and your dear sweet Ramsey. My son is 20 months old and I am savoring him. Thank you. You have reminded me to be a more patient and caring mother and wife. I will continue to follow you on this blog and pray for you daily. I am in awe of your strength, grace and fortitude. Praying that today is somehow a little bit easier.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Praying for you, your family and sweet Ramsey. Your words are so touching. I am so sad for your loss, but so thankful for all of the wonderful people who have been there for you during this time. My hope is that you continue to stay strong in your faith.
    Prayers and Love being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am so sorry for your loss. You said it perfectly.."There are no Words". I can not imagine what yall are going through but I do hope that it gets better. And I hope that Ramsey gets through this soon. I know she has to be hurting as well. I will pray for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Alicia- What a beautiful post. I read it to my sister over the phone as we both shed tears over your eloquently and heartfelt words. You are an amazing writer and express yourself so much. We are still thinking of you and your family every day and speak of you all every single day. You have such amazing friends, I am in awe, how blessed.
    love-
    Lauren Stitle

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your family is in my thoughts. I found your blog via Kelly's Korner and shared it with my YouTube subscribers. We're all lifting you up in prayer and hugging our children tighter in Evie's honor.
    Love and prayers to Ramsey. She has a guardian angel watching over her, but I'm sure her little heart must be aching...

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such beautiful words Lee Lee. What joy there will be when Jesus wipes away every tear from our eye and sorrow is no more. Love you so, sweet cousin. Give Ramsey a hug for me (and Cocoa too :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I heard about your loss through Kelly's Korner and my heart breaks for you and your family. Many, many prayers for you. I'm a mom to twins and I will say a special prayer from Ramsey. I just wanted to let you know that your story has touched my heart and know that many are praying. Thinking of you in Indiana!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Alicia,
    I am so sorry for your loss. I can offer you sympathy and also - to some degree - empathy. We too have lost a daughter. Our circumstances were different, but our unwelcomed acquaintance with death is not. There are long days ahead of remembering and missing and healing. Give yourself grace and time. It has been two and half years for us and though the sting is no longer constant, it is still there. Allow yourself to feel the sadness. Grieving her death is a way of honoring her sweet little life.

    Something that comforted me in our loss (and still does) are the words to the song "There's a Wideness in God's Mercy " that go, "there is no place where Earth's sorrows are more felt than up in Heaven".

    Blessings.
    Raechel Myers
    http://raechelmyers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I thank you for taking time to share with us about your feelings. I know it must be hard to stop and think and put it all on "paper" but I am thankful for you. I am thankful that you remind us as mothers to love our children, hug our children, kiss our children. How we never know when something truly will be our last. I am so saddened by your loss even though we have never met. I pray that God will help you find peace and heal in your saddest moments. You are AMAZING. You have Amazing GRACE! I will continue to pray for you and your family! God be with you! Royal in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  42. Alicia, I have started typing a comment on here to you six or seven times since Jason heard about sweet Evie through Micah last week. Each time, I haven't felt I had adequate words to say, so I would erase it. Today, reading your post, I knew I had to tell you that you are the picture of grace. Your strength is awe inspiring, and the grace you posses is beautiful. Please know that Jason and I are praying for you and Jonathan constantly -for Ramsey, for your marriage, for the house to sell (with its new roof!), for God's love to be tangible in your life. Thank you for sharing Evie through stories and pictures. You are a good, good mom. Much love.
    Stacey White

    ReplyDelete
  43. Caroline Anderson HoltDecember 16, 2010 at 1:07 PM

    What incredibly amazing and beautiful words. Your strength and faith is such a testimony and inspiration to me and to so many. I have been praying for you, Jonathan, Ramsey and your whole family since I heard. You are on my heart so many times every day. I will continue to pray for all of you.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  44. Alicia - you are truly an inspiration to so many mothers and a testament to God's goodness and faithfulness. We will continue to pray for your sweet family.

    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  45. I found your blog through Kellys Korner. I wanted to tell you I have been praying for you and your family. My heart breaks for you and I can only hope that God pulls you near him during this time. I will pray for your sweet Ramsey.

    this verse always brings me comfort, hope it brings you a little peace....

    "People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them. Mark 10:13-16

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hugs!

    I also have no words. Keeping your family & Ramsey in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I don't even have children, but my heart is broken for you. I can only imagine the tremendous loss you feel. The greatest blessing from reading this is that, through it all, your message is clear: God is GOOD. I did not expect that. I can only hope that my faith would be as strong in the face of tragedy. My husband and I will continue to pray for your family every day. May God bless you, John, and Ramsey.
    Sarah Pilkenton (Cookeville, TN)

    ReplyDelete
  48. I also found your blog from Kelly's Korner. I just want to express my deepest sympathies to your family. I have 2 daughters myself and I cannot fathom your loss. God definately gained a sweet angel when Evie joined him, what a beautiful girl she is.

    Thank you so much for reminding me to cherish my time with my girls. To forget about the lack of sleep and to do list. You are in my prayers every night <3

    ReplyDelete
  49. You do not know me, but I have to tell you that I am praying for you and lifting your sweet family up. I also want to tell you thank you for reminding us all what really matters. I wish you comfort and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am so saddened and heartbroken by your lost of you sweet and beautiful, baby girl. I can't possibly comprehend what you are going through, there are no words. My heart just aches for you. I have prayed for you and your family everyday. May God just wrap his arms around you forever and give you strength. My little boy, Parker is in 1A with Mrs. Deborah and Mrs. Shelbi. Please know I will continue to pray for you and your family.
    Much love-
    Erika Hopping

    ReplyDelete
  51. Alicia,
    you are an inspiration to us all. What a beautiful post, from a beautiful mother, to her beautiful daughter !! Im holding my sweet daughters a little tighter and cherishing those tantrums lanier has begun. You and your family are never far from my mind. I pray for you all and for sweet little Ramsey. Her little world has changed forever, just as yours has, and i know you all will get her through this devestating loss of her twin, sister, and best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I don't know you personally, having found your blog through another blog. But my heart has been so heavy, and just breaks for you. I have shed tears, prayed and hugged my girls so tight after reading your post. I am amazed by your strentgh and gracious words. I pray that God would hold you so tightly and that little Ramsey would feel His love and peace. I don't know what to say...but just know that you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I too found you through another blog and I just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this time. My heart just breaks for all of you and I hope that being together with family and friends over the holiday season will help to heal your hearts.
    All the best to you and your family.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  54. Alicia-

    You AMAZE me with your strength and courage!! This is truly why we LOVE you so much.
    I have been praying for you Jonathan and sweet Ramsey each day along with hundreds of others-I know you feel it!!

    Love you so very very much- Ann Elizabeth and Rich Rucker

    ReplyDelete
  55. What a beautiful post. I have been praying for you and your family, and will continue to do so. May love, peace, and light surround you and your family, and begin to heal your hearts.

    -Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  56. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner, but am friends with Jessica Lewis and she was asking for prayers for you as well. My heart aches for you, I don't know you but as a believer and being a part of the body of Christ we weep with those that are weeping and rejoice with those rejoicing. May God continue to comfort you in the way only He can. As a mother I hurt for you, but I can't imagine what sweet little Ramsey is feeling. What she is wondering, thinking, feeling. I am praying extra hard for her. In the midst of it all, this wasn't a surprise to God, He has a plan. In the midst of your hurt and suffering and heartache you are being used for His glory.

    I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Praying for you to feel His loving arms around you today and in the days to come.

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  57. I am so amazed at how strong you are Alicia. I feel like I know you, through your blog and you are such a wonderful person. You and Jonathan both have great attitudes. I will continue to keep you, Jonathan, Ramsey and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that God will continue to give you the grace and stregth that you all so badly need at this time. And for sweet Ramsey, to be comforted at this hard time for her, as well. Stay strong and know that lots of people care about you all and are praying for you!
    Love, Julie (Memphis Dermatology Clinic)

    ReplyDelete
  58. I recently found your blog through Kelly's Korner and I wanted you to know that you and your family are lifted up in prayer!! So many words you said about not knowing when a loved one could be called to heaven hit home for me (I lost my dad 2 years ago). The emotions all come rushing back to me but yet I still cannot imagine going through what you are right now. Just know that you are loved and prayed for by many!! May God bless you and keep you, not only in this trying time, but always!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I came across your blog from a friends posting on facebook. Reading the comments and your story made my heart break for you. I can't imagine what you are going through. I hope that you can find strength and let the lord lift you up. He needed an extra special angel to help him. May god bless you and your family in this time of need. Many hugs from another Tennessee family.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner and just want you to know your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    I am holding my son a little tighter tonight and praying for peace and comfort for you and your family. Heaven sure gained such a beautiful angel.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Heaven definitely gained a beautiful blue-eyed angel. Hugs from a total stranger.

    I am hurting for you and your family. May you feel God's comforting arms around you.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I am a complete stranger, but I am a Christian also and I am praying for your family tonight. As a mother, I cannot fathom this. My heart aches for you, but I am thankful for what God is doing in your life as we speak. He is showing himself faithful. I have no words either, and I am sure nothing I can say will even scratch the surface. God bless you, and I pray for Him to cover you and your family right now.

    Erin
    Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  63. I just wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you every day since I read your post a few days ago. I pray that God's comfort and peace would be with you, and that He would give you strength. Your words today really, really helped me - to help remember how important each day is with our loved ones. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, and I will continue to pray for you.

    Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

    ReplyDelete
  64. I came across your blog from another blog and sat and sobbed as I read this. I have 14 month old twins and can't imagine how you must feel.

    I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I have been thinking of you and praying for you all afternoon. As the mother of triplets (now 13 years old) and a little 5-yr-old named Catherine Grace (Cate)....my heart feels connected to your's...please know you will remain in my prayers. May God carry you all....

    ReplyDelete
  66. Alicia, you continue to amaze all who know you. Your families strength and faith is an amazing testimony to the power of God. I can only begin to imagine to fruit that is to come from sweet Evie's life. Since we got the call about Evie I have held my sweet Noah close & counted every moment a blessing.
    We've been praying for your family every night as we put Noah to sleep, but tonight when I asked Noah to pray for Ramsey....He stared for a second then pressed his little hands together & bowed his head. Broke my heart.
    We will continue to pray for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  67. My heart breaks for you. There are truly no words that come mind, so I'll just tell you that I've been praying for strength and comfort for you and your family. I will especially pray for Ramsey...

    Love,
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  68. Dear Alicia, Jonathan & Ramsey,

    I am a Houston High graduate, your sorority sister and was good friends with your husband in college. I have followed your family's blog for some time and always found great joy in the stories and pictures, especially with the girls but many times just seeing how great you and Jonathan are together. How much you both love your family, friends, each other & the Lord. As you said on your blog - there are no words. All I can hope is that you all continue your strong faith and that you know that minute by minute there are thousands of prayers coming into your home. I feel like I could go on for hours and I have no children so I cannot imagine the pain you are feeling but I have my sister so even as a 32 year old woman I cannot imagine losing my partner. I will pray daily for your family & especially Ramsey - she deserves nothing less. God bless your family - always & forever.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I've been lifting your family up in prayer every morning this week, asking for God to give you strength and grace to face the day, and every night, asking him to hold you and bring you comfort. I pray for God's comfort, His peace, His healing, and above all, my prayer is that He bless your family. I hope you feel this because I really do believe in the power of prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Alicia,
    I work at Memphis Dermatology Clinic and often talk to Jonathan about the girls. I have a 10 month old girl myself, so we exchange stories and pictures when he comes in. I have been completely heartbroken for all of you since I heard about sweet Evie Grace. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Your strength absolutely amazes me. I'm thankful that you all have such a great support system of family and friends.

    I cried so hard as I read your blog today, and still, after 3 days of trying to come up with the right words to say to you, I struggle. I held my baby so tight tonight, rocked her longer than I normally do, and tearfully prayed for you and your family. I will continue to pray for you, Jonathan, and Ramsey every day. She is so blessed to have you to get her through this difficult time. Thank you for the beautiful post.

    Kathleen Steele

    ReplyDelete
  71. Dear Alicia,
    As many of others are, I'm praying for you and your family. May God continue to comfort you and bring you peace and strength this day and days to come.
    With love,
    Andrea Werner Hutton

    ReplyDelete
  72. I came across your blog from another blog and I just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time! May God give you the strength and courage to get through this time! God Bless.

    Kallie from Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  73. Alicia,
    I think we were at UT at the same time, and I read about your sweet Evie Grace on Cecilia Jones' Facebook post the other day. I just wanted to take a second to let you know about one other family praying for you guys. Sending all the love & prayers we can gather together here from Spring Hill, Tennessee.

    Kristen Culbreth Corn

    ReplyDelete
  74. I don't know you, but, as so many others have, I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. What a beautiful post...thank you for sharing it. I can tell that you loved Evie well. I am heartbroken for you and will continue to pray for you and your family as you walk through this dark valley. Praise God for the hope we have of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I came across your blog from Kelly's Korner. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Your post left me in tears. My heart breaks for your family but I know that your faith must be so strong and I pray God holds all of you a little tighter and gives you peace during this difficult time. I cannot imagine your pain and pray that the pain will be eased on your time. Thank you for your post and reminding us all to remember that life can change in an instance. Again, so, so sorry for your loss. God will bless you...

    With Love,
    The Ball Family (from Texas)

    ReplyDelete
  76. Alicia-
    I am best friends with Rachel Twiford who is Ashley Twiford's sister-in-law. I had twin girls in April and as soon as I found out I was expecting two your blog was one of the first I was told to go to...I've been keeping up with you ever since...
    We are praying so hard for you and Jonathan and we will lift up so many prayers for precious Ramsey. My heart breaks for you all but I know that the Lord is with you and has gone before you and I will pray extra hard that He will give you all the grace you need to go from here...
    Much, much love to you from one twin mama to another...

    ReplyDelete
  77. Alicia-
    I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. You are such a sweet person and I know that you're an amazing mother.I have been saying many prayers for you... I hope that you will find comfort in the abundance of prayers that you & your family are receiving and will continue to receive. God Bless you and your family.

    -Ashlee Call

    ReplyDelete
  78. I read your story and I am in tears. My heart breaks for you. I have a rare disease that only 500 people in the U.S. have and only about 5 other women in the world have been able to bring children into this world. My miracle baby was born in February and I don't take a second with her for granted. I wish more people would cherish every minute with their children, most have no idea that somewhere out there, someone is missing the hard days because they just want their baby back. Sending much love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Also, I would love to hold a fundraiser for your family. Can I get some contact information on who I can talk to about that? Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Alicia,
    You are such a beautiful person inside and out. It is evident in how much your family means to you and your words of wisdom. You and Jonathan are both such wonderful people and I have been thinking and praying for you both so much and for Ramsey this past week and will continue to. I can tell you from working with Jonathan that he is such a joy and I am glad that you can cling to your relationship with God and each other for strength during such a heartbreaking time. He has always beamed when he talks about his girls and that includes you. I know Evie was like an angel from everything I have heard about her and her sweet ways were a reflection of you and Jonathan. I wish that I could wrap my arms around you. I am holding your family close to my heart.
    Sending love your way,
    Darby

    ReplyDelete
  81. I came across your blog through someone else posting it. Just as your title said...there aren't words to express so many things. My family lost my little brother this summer. We have never experienced tragedy before so the grief process is new to us. The support and love from so many has been such a comfort. I am praying that it is the same for you. I pray that your grief is over-shadowed by the beautiful memories of your precious daughter and the Love from your Heavenly Father. He loves you with an everlasting love.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Alicia
    Your post was beautiful and touching. I am unbelievably sorry for the loss of your sweet Evie. My husband is a UT grad as well so we feel a little bond with you. Your family has been in our thoughts and prayers.
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  83. Alicia,
    I came across your blog through Kelly's Korner. I wanted to tell you that you and your beautiful family are in my thoughts and prayers. What a blessing Evie was, and will continue to be as she shines down from Heaven. May God give you all the love, strength, and courage and more that you need.

    Love,
    Margaret Thompson and family (in South Carolina)

    ReplyDelete
  84. I don't know you but I am a friend of Heather (Tyson) Harper and we have been praying for you since I heard. I don't know the emotions you are feeling and can not imagine but to read your words, I know your faith is strong and I pray that it will continue to guide you and provide you with peace and comfort during these times. We will continue to lift you and your family up in these difficult times.
    God Bless.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  85. I came across your blog from Kelly's Korner. I am so very sorry for your loss and I am praying for peace and comfort for your family during this awful time. I know you must be overwhelmed with comments, but I wanted to reach out to you because I lost my 25 month old niece Dec 22, 2007 when she passed away suddenly and unexpectedly during her nap. The organization SUDC - Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood has been a great resource to our family and I urge you to contact them whenever you are ready. Sending you love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Alicia,
    Thank you for sharing those beautiful words with everyone. Your faith inspires me.
    I have been visiting your blog from time to time since your girls were born and I've enjoyed watching them grow. My heart aches for you and I'll continue to pray for you all.
    With love,
    Lauren Brown (McBroom)

    ReplyDelete
  87. I am so very sorry for what you are going through. My heart is breaking for you and I am praying that God wraps your family with love and precious memories of your little girl. I have a newborn baby girl in heaven and know they are always around us, even though we cannot hug them and kiss them. You are in my thoughts.

    Shannon Schoon (friend of Leslie's)

    ReplyDelete
  88. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Your strength and testimony of faith through all of this is truly inspirational. Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you, your husband and sweet Ramsey that the Lord would wrap his arms around the three of you and provide peace in knowing that Evie is with him watching over y'all.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  89. What a beautiful post, Alicia. You and Jonathan and all three of your girls are SO loved.

    ReplyDelete
  90. I AM TRULY SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. I CANNOT IMAGINE THE PAIN THAT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE FEELING. YOU DEFINE THE WORD GRACE. YOUR POST IS SO BEAUTIFUL. WHAT A GREAT REMINDER TO BE THANKFUL FOR THE TIME YOU HAVE WITH YOUR LOVED ONES. I AM PRAYING FOR YOU ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  91. I am so sorry for your loss. I heard about Evie from my niece,Nicole Hughes and my heart goes out to you. I too lost a child, my son was 2 1/2 when he died because of a tragic accident. Hold on to your faith, it will get you through day to day, in fact as you have already discovered, only the belief that one day you will all be together again helps you continue on this earth. It feels like the world goes on & on while yours has stopped. May God's blessing be with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  92. your strength is a reflection of your faith. i pray for you. may you find comfort in the following links of other families with children awaiting them in heaven. may you & your husband, your family, and your daughter be blessed, comforted, loved, strengthened, and protected by the word of God and his promise of a perfect plan.

    Bronner Burgess:

    http://sherriburgess.blogspot.com

    and

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PUHUZWyFeg


    Cora Paige:

    http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com


    Brayden & Kenadi:

    http://ramerbunch.blogspot.com


    Reese:

    http://therowefam.blogspot.com


    James 4:6-10, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you.”

    ReplyDelete
  93. Hi, I live in Memphis but we have never met. My heart was broken for you when I heard about your baby girl. I have twins, so I know how special that connection is. I am praying for Ramsey and you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  94. What a beautiful post.I will continue to pray for your entire family. May God give you strength and peace in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  95. I am praying for your family, especially Ramsey.

    ReplyDelete
  96. You have touched so many people with your story, your strength, your devotion to your daughters, your gratefulness, and your poetic words, Alicia. I wish we had been better friends in college, because I missed out one helluva good friend! :) I am still thinking constantly of Evie, of you, of Jonathan, and, now, especially of little Ramsey. I hope it is okay that I have shared your story with many people- I want to help cover you with prayers and love. I am thinking about you constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  97. I too am new to your blog and stumbled upon it through another blog when this tragedy happened. When people are praying for you, you feel it, and I know you are feeling the multitudes of prayers that are lifting you and your family up right now. Words can not express my sadness and also compassion I feel for you through this, and I don't even know you; but know that you are loved by so many, your family is loved by so many, and through all of this, sweet little Evie's memory will live on and be a very happy thought for so many of us. I pray that the Lord give you the peace that only He can give; The peace that passes all understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Just so heartbroken about your sweet Evie. Praying for you, Jonathan, Ramsey and the grandparents to feel God's peace and comfort. I admire you as a mom, the friend you are to others, and as a child of God.
    Love,
    Cyndi Cole

    ReplyDelete
  99. Such a beautiful post during such a difficult time for your precious family. I do not know you personally, but have several mutual friends in Memphis. My heart absolute broke for you and your family when I heard about sweet Evie. I cannot begin to imagine the pain, sorrow, and utter heartbreak you must be feeling. I have an 18 month old son and such a tragedy is unfathomable. I am praying for you, your husband, and extended family as you grieve for your daughter and find the strength to carry on. I know sweet Ramsey is a light in this darkness and I am praying hard for her too, as I know she is too young to understand why her best friend and playmate isn't there. Love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  100. Alicia!
    Can you believe this? Look how many hundreds of lives Evie has already touched? Lives she would never have met. She is blessing so many people by showing how we need to love our family and friends and cherish each moment. She is praising God and being used in amazing ways! What an incredible little girl!

    And as I've already told you, I'm praying many times a day: for peace and comfort, for Ramsey to have happy play time, for all 3 of you that you can rest and sleep, that you can remember all of the fun times with Evie, that your family and friends know how to minister to you, and for your relationship with God and Jonathan. E&M love you more than they could ever express. Love- Dianna Miller Palmer

    ReplyDelete
  101. Hi Alicia. You do not know me... but someone commented on my blog, http://martinomadness.blogspot.com, and alerted me to your loss. Unfortunately, I know the path you are so sadly about to travel down. I lost one of my twin boys while he was sleeping. He was 17 months and 25 days old. It has now been 17 months and 12 days and I still cry every day, I still ache for his twin brother, older sister and the sister he never met (I was 12 weeks pregnant when Matteo died). My life has changed in every way imaginable and unimaginable. And, it sucks. Reading this blog post of yours brought me back in time to my first blog post after losing Matteo. I remember being sure to explain our situation so gracefully... when inside I was crumbling and had completely fallen apart. I remember trying so hard to hold it together for everyone else. When, inside...I was so angry and hurt and a million other things. I am so incredibly sorry for your horrible, tragic loss. My heart aches for you, and if I can be of any help to you... of if you ever want to talk to someone who actually KNOWS how you're feeling, please don't ever hesitate to contact me. I wish sometimes I would have had someone to talk too... and in all honesty, I've found my best sources of therapy in my blog and connections I've made through my blog of other mommies who have lost their sweet babies, unexpectedly.

    Again, I am so sorry for you, for Ramsey, for your family. The next few months will be so difficult and I hope your friends and family surround you with love and support and bring you meals and are THERE for you.

    Please know you have a friend in me. And again, I am so sorry... my heart is breaking all over again knowing another mommy is having to go through what I have/am going through.

    All my love... Jodi Martino

    ReplyDelete
  102. I found your blog through my friend's blog and I just wanted you to know that my heart, along with my family's, goes out to you and yours. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. The way you put words together in your entries about your daughter is genuinely beautiful and your strength is stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  103. Alicia, your blog is absolutely beautiful! I continue to keep you, Jonathan, Ramsey, and your family in my prayers. Especially Ramsey. Thank you for reminding me how precious life is. I can't stop thinking about you all and the pain and sorrow you must be feeling. I will continue to pray that God gives you strength to get through this holiday season. I will give my baby an extra hug and kiss in memory of Evie. With love, Carrie Howarth Adams

    ReplyDelete
  104. Alicia, how amazed I am at your words, just amazed. I am the mother of 3 precious girls, identical twin girls, Molly and Ruby that are 20 months and Ella who is almost 3. I can't stop thinking about and praying for your sweet family...and how I ache to read about sweet Ramsey, without her other half. I've weeped for you. Oh, how my heart aches. Praying the Lord will SHOWER His blessings on your family. Oh what a joy to have shared 20 sweet months with such a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  105. I found your blog through Kellys Korner. I have to tell you I have been heartbroken since I read it. I am so sorry for your loss and I want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers. That was a beautiful post and I hope you know how many are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  106. Tears ran down my face as I read this post. Thank you for sharing your heart and I will be praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  107. I found your blog on another blog I follow, I have been kind of "quiet" reader, but I wanted you to know, I personally have no idea what you're going through, but I am on my knees for your precious family. It brought tears to my eyes to think about what Ramsey must be feeling. :::HUGS::: from Maryland.

    ReplyDelete
  108. Dear Alicia,

    You are a light shining brightly on a hill. I felt hope, God's grace, His love and strength as I read this post! I praise the Lord that you are struggling well! Your heart is beautiful and me and my family are lifting you guys up often in prayer. I have an Evie and she is 24 months old. Im taking your advise and thanking the Lord for this time I have with my babies. I'm so thankful for your transparency and the way you are sharing how the body of Christ is loving on you guys. That just encourages me so much. Your family is so loved! May the Lord bring an unbelievable amount of comfort. We are praying for sweet little Ramsey. May the Lord use this to shape her to be the woman of God he wants her to be!

    Heartbroken and hopeful,

    Casey Dycus

    ReplyDelete
  109. dear alicia and jonathan, i am praying so much for your sweet family and have not stopped thinking of you all. i am so so sorry you all are going through this. i will continue to pray and especialy for little ramsey. i just pray God will carry you all through this time and make you stronger.
    ashley and scott wheatley

    ReplyDelete
  110. I was in tears this morning, actually sobbing, as I rocked my 6 month old to sleep and thought about your sweet family and the loss of your little girl. I tried to imagine, as much as I hated to, the thought of what life would be like to lose the most precious thing in the world. And the thought of it was devastating. Your words make me appreciate, hug, kiss, hold, rock, and stare at my daughter all the more. What you've been through is a nightmare and I pray for God to hold you close right now and to let you feel His love.

    ReplyDelete
  111. I am crying as I read your story Alicia, thank you for the reminder to not take my children for grant. I have been in such a funk and have pushed them away more times than I care to admit. I am so sorry for you unspeakable loss and pain. You are a beautiful and brave woman! I am so very sorry you had to say goodbye to Evie and Catherine. I will be lifting you up in prayer. Thanks for letting me know where to read.

    ReplyDelete